May 26, 2009

the best empanadas in ba.. so far

I've only been here for 3 weeks so obviously I haven't tried all the empanadas the city has to offer, and there are a lot, and usually at around AR$3 each (less than US$1, how can you beat that?) But out of all I've tried so far, Tonno Pizza & Cafe in Palermo are by far the best. Empanadas at Tonno were actually my very first meal in BA and they set the bar high. Some I've tried have been lacking in the filling or were obviously frozen and stuck in the microwave in the back.




Not Tonno's. Deliciously flaky, browned, and full of... filling. I've tried the pollo (chicken), espinacas con queso (spinach with cheese), jamon y queso (ham and cheese), and queso y cebolla (onion and cheese). Obviously cheese is a key factor to deliciousness.




Taste testing other empanadas won't be a problem..
but until I find ones as good as Tonno's, I'll keep returning..







Tonno Pizza & Cafe is located at the corner of
Thames & Charcas, at Charcas 4400

1 comment:

t mach said...

even better than Julie's in adams morgan?