September 9, 2009

salida del sol, puesta del sol

The sunrise and sunset are two things I believe a lot of people take for granted. They both happen everyday, are always beautiful (minus a rainy day), and take little time to watch, yet they come and go without people even realizing it. For most, the transition from light to dark (and vice versa) is just that. Light to dark, with no pink/orange/red/purple sky in between. I have to admit, I have often taken these two things for granted, but for some reason, being here makes me appreciate them more.


For a lot of people in BA, it's quite easy to catch the sunrise. No, not because they're waking up early to study or work out, but because they're still up from the night before. With a nightlife that gets started around 3AM, the odds of catching the sun waking up are high. I've certainly seen the sunrise this way once or twice ;)

Unfortunately, during sunset, most people are at work. But if you can make it to your balcony, or a place that isn't blocked by tall buildings, it's a sight to see. One friend here used to have "sunset parties" - mate, friends, and an awesome view of the sunset. There's nothing better than sitting on your balcony in warm weather, drinking a coffee/cerveza/mate, chatting with friends or listening to music, and catching the sun paint the sky as it goes down for the night.

With spring finally upon us, I hope to catch as many sunsets as I can. And by chance I'll probably catch a few more sunrises...

1 comment:

Zara said...

Yay! I got a shout-out in your blog! Please continue doing sunset parties! I miss you guys so much!